Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Basic Rub

Since today is the 4th of July and is traditionally the day to be outside with friends and family, I thought I would share a basic rub that I use on my pork, turkey and chicken. Yes, it is good on all three!

3 cups brown sugar
2 tbs flake salt
1/4 cup pepper seasoning from Penzeys (salad dressing seasoning)
1/2 cup smoked paprika
2 tbs chili powder (I use chili con carne from Penzeys)
1 tbs cayenne pepper
2 tbs garlic powder
2 tbs onion powder


Mix it all together making sure there are no lumps!  Rub on the meat as a dry rub if you are smoking the meat. If you are grilling the meat, rub the meat with olive oil first and then sprinkle the rub on prior to grilling.

1 comment:

  1. Smoked a TURKEY TODAY,it was really GOOD with this rub..........

    ReplyDelete