Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

stuffed bisfins

I made up the name for this and it may not be quite what I am looking for so if you have a better name, let me know!  What are these yummies? Well - a cross between a biscuit and a muffin that is stuffed. I have made them a variety of ways and each has been a success. The basic idea is this:

Take a large tin of biscuit dough (I use Grandes because they are bigger than the standard) and flatten each round out to about the size of your hand. The filling can consist of a variety of things but I have found that whatever the filling is, it can't be to much liquid. One filling that my family loves is:

chopped turkey or chicken. chopped pretty small.
b-b-q sauce
shredded cheese

I mix up the above and add enough sauce until the mixture is completely moist. Remember the cheese will melt so that will add a degree of moisture as well. Put a mound of filling into the center of your flattened biscuit and fold up the sides until you can pinch them together and seal the pouch. Place the sealed pouch into a muffin tin. Continue with the remainder of the biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. I sprinkle some garlic seasoning on the tops of the pouch before it bakes as well.

I have also tried the filling with ground beef and taco seasoning, cheese, and a little picante.

Other ideas for filling include chili, beef and cheese;
Chicken, veggies, and a light cream sauce;
Chicken, cheese, buffalo sauce. sprinkle the top with ranch seasoning. You could also add a small tab of cream cheese to the inside of each pouch before you close it up and get a nice creamy buffalo chicken pouch.

My kids eat these every time and that is impressive:) For more of an adult palet, I add chopped onions and peppers. My kids won't touch it but the bigger folks seem to really like them!!

1 comment: