Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Everything tastes better with bacon Pork Tenderloin


I smoked two pork tenderloins yesterday. If I could do it over again, I would not have smoked them. They were good but I think they would have been just as good in the oven and saved me from changing the chips every thirty minutes on the smoker. Anyway, I used the basic rub mentioned in post one, However, I combined the rub (a good handful), the juice from one fresh lime, and a little olive oil to a ziplock bag the day before. I let the meat stay in the mixture overnight. Once you are ready, take the meat out of the refrigerator and let it warm up slightly on the counter.   Put more rub on the meat and wrap it with bacon. Sear the loins in a frying pan until the bacon is starting to crisp. I then had to use tooth picks to keep the bacon on because it started to fall off.. I smoked the loins for  3 hours on 225 degrees. As you can see from the pictures, the bacon really turned a beautiful color and kept the meat moist. If you decided to do this in an oven, follow the directions on the package for cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings. AND OF COURSE PORK wrapped in PORK is always a favorite!!!

    This is my first time on your blog, but you have a terrific one. I am always on the look out for new blogs, new ideas. I especially appreciate all the details and tips makes it seem like anyone can replicate the recipe!

    I am asking, would you please consider posting a few of your favorite recipes on erecipecards.com
    http://erecipecards.com/

    It is a tool for bloggers to see and to be seen. Your posts would fit in perfectly.

    in addition, all photos, recipe titles as well as your blog name would link directly back to your blog. Thus giving you new attention and potentially new readers.

    Or, if you just want to take a look at a lot of fellow food bloggers all in one place. A great learning experience to get ideas about how to establish your own blogging voice!


    Please take a look. If you have any ideas or questions, please do not hesitate to write

    Dave
    http://erecipecards.com/
    Contact@eRecipeCards.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is how I want my pork tenderloin!!!

    ReplyDelete